Monday 21 November 2016

Yo-Yo days

This morning on my way to work I found myself reflecting on the last month or so.  It has been a strange season for me on so many levels. There have been highs, lows, unsettling days and days where I have felt quite stretched.  I found myself comparing the last weeks to that of a yo-yo! Days where I have felt close to God, happy, safe and secure....... Other days I have felt stretched, out on a limb, scared, concerned, low, tearful. I thought about how a yo-yo moves - sometimes being held in the hand other times close to the hand and other times at full stretch, feeling distant, at the end of the rope - quite literally! 

As I thought about this I realised something quite special. No matter where the yo-yo is - close to the hand or at full stretch it is held securely; the hand holds it, the hand can bring it close, the hand can help when it feels in a mess.  It is like this with God - whether we are at full stretch, close, down, up, feeling messed up, feeling secure or out on a limb - He won't let you go. He holds you. He has the ability to bring you close, to reassure you, so no matter where you are as you read this remember His Father's hand is strong, constant and reliable! God bless!

No comments: